More than five months after the General Prosecutor filed an appeal against the acquittal of economist Carlos Nuno Castel-Branco and newspaper editor Fernando Mbanze, the court is yet to set a date for a hearing.
1) Please write immediately in Portuguese, English or your own language:
- Urging the authorities to immediately withdraw the appeal against the acquittal of Carlos Nuno Castel-Branco and Fernando Mbanze;
- Calling on them to end the practice of harassment and intimidation of people peacefully expressing their views, and to uphold the right to freedom of expression;
- Calling on them to repeal all legislation which unduly limits freedom of expression.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to email@example.com with "UA 162/15" in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.