- Calling on the Iranian authorities to release Hossein Ronaghi Maleki immediately and unconditionally, as he is a prisoner of conscience, held solely for the peaceful exercise of his rights to freedom of expression and association;
- Urging them to ensure that he is immediately granted access to specialized medical care outside the prison;
- Calling on them to ensure an independent and impartial investigation into his allegations of torture and other ill-treatment, including during solitary confinement, and that he is protected from further torture and other ill-treatment, such as denying him adequate medical care.
Iran: Free Hossein Ronaghi Maleki (UA 236/13)
January 21, 2016
Iranian blogger Hossein Ronaghi Maleki has been taken to Tehran’s Evin Prison to resume serving his 13-year sentence. He is critically ill and doctors have advised against stopping his specialized medical care. He is a prisoner of conscience.
1) Please write immediately in Persian, English, Spanish, French or your own language:
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!