- Calling on the authorities to halt immediately any plans to carry out the executions of Mary Jane Veloso and any others under sentence of death, and to commute all death sentences;
- Urging them to establish a moratorium on all executions with a view to abolishing the death penalty;
- Pointing out that there is no convincing evidence that the death penalty deters crime more effectively than other punishments and that the decision to resume executions has set Indonesia against the global trend towards abolition of the death penalty and the country’s own progress in this area.
Indonesia: Halt Execution of Mary Jane Veloso (UA 305/14)
July 7, 2015
One person is still at risk of being executed in Indonesia after the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
1) Please write immediately in Indonesian, English or your own language:
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our imapct!