Alagie Abdoulaye Ceesay, the managing director of the independent Gambian radio station Teranga FM, was rearrested on 17 July by members of the Gambian security forces after being abducted and released earlier on in the month. He has since been held incommunicado without access to his family or a lawyer.
1) Please write immediately in English or Arabic:
- Calling on the authorities to immediately and unconditionally release Alagie Abdoulaye Ceesay as he is a prison of conscience, detained solely for exercising his right to freedom of expression;
- Calling on the authorities to immediately provide him with access to his family and lawyers;
- Urging authorities to ensure that he is not subjected to torture or ill-treatment while in detention.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!