- Calling on the Egyptian authorities to release Ismail Alexandrani immediately, as he has been detained for peacefully exercising his right to freedom of expression;
- Urging them to cease any criminal investigations based solely on his peaceful exercise of his right to freedom of expression;
- Calling on them to ensure that he has regular access to his family and legal representatives of his choice.
Egypt: Release Ismail Alexandrani (UA 275/15)
December 3, 2015
Journalist Ismail Alexandrani was arrested on 29 November at Egypt’s Hurghada International Airport. On 1 December a prosecutor ordered him to be detained for 15 days to investigate allegations that he had spread “false news and rumours” and belonged to a “terrorist” group.
1) Please write immediately in Arabic, English or your own language:
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!