- Expressing concern for the safety of the trans woman in hospital and the trans women who were attacked, and calling on the authorities to ensure protection measures for them in strict accordance with their wishes;
- Urging the authorities to order a full and impartial investigations into the killings and attack in Cali on 4 to 5 July, taking into account the possibility of a transphobic motive, to publish the results and prosecute those responsible.
Colombia: Protect Transgender Women (UA 155/15)
July 10, 2015
One transgender woman was found dead on the night of 4 to 5 July in Cali, south-western Colombia. Two other trans women were injured, one of them fatally, following attacks with knives during a separate incident, also in Cali.
1) Please write immediately in Spanish or your own language:
2) For the full Urgent Action, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!