Paramilitaries killed a peasant farmer with close links to the Peace Community of San José de Apartadó in north-western Colombia. Other peasant farmers in the area have been labeled guerrilla fighters and may therefore be at risk.
- Expressing concern for the safety of the members of the Peace Community of San José de Apartadó and other civilians living in the area;
- Urging the authorities to order full and impartial investigations into the killing of Ernesto Guzmán and the threats by and presence of paramilitaries, to bring those responsible to justice and publish the results;
- Reminding them that civilians, including the San José de Apartadó Peace Community and other civilians living in the area, have the right to not be drawn into the armed conflict;
- Urging them to take immediate action to dismantle paramilitary groups and break their links with the security forces, in line with stated government commitments.
- EITHER send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UA 213/15” in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.