- Demanding that the Chinese authorities immediately disclose Li Xin’s whereabouts and legal status;
- Urging the authorities to release him immediately and unconditionally, unless he is formally charged with an internationally recognizable criminal offence;
- Pending his release, urging the authorities to ensure that he is not subjected to torture or other ill-treatment in detention, and that he has regular, unrestricted access to his families and lawyers.
China: Establish Whereabouts of Li Xin (UA 24/16)
February 3, 2016
A Chinese journalist who went missing in Thailand on 11 January is feared to be detained in China. His partner received a call from him on 3 February in which he said he had “voluntarily” returned to assist with an investigation, but she believes he was forced to go back.
1) Please write immediately in Chinese, English or your own language:
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!