- Urging President Lukashenka to halt all planned executions in Belarus and immediately commute the death sentence of Siarhei Khmialeuski and all others sentenced to death in Belarus;
- Call on him to establish an immediate moratorium on executions with a view to abolition of the death penalty;
- Urge him to end the secrecy surrounding the death penalty and repeal Article 175 of the Belarusian Criminal Executive Code to allow bodies of executed prisoners to be returned to families for burial or the burial site to be disclosed.
Belarus: Halt Execution of Siarhei Khmialeuski (UA 122/16)
May 20, 2016
Siarhei Khmialeuski, who was sentenced to death in Belarus in February, is at imminent risk of execution.
1) Please write immediately in Belarusian, Russian or your own language:
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!