For more than 50 years, Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) has come to the aid of prisoners of conscience and other individuals and communities at risk of serious human rights violations. Amnesty USA educates and mobilizes everyday citizens as we make public systemic human rights concerns, as well as pressure governments and heads of state to uphold international human rights standards.
Under the direction of the National Director of Direct Response & Supporter Cultivation, the Manager of Data Management is responsible for overseeing the organizations database of record (currently ROI Revolution). The manager will also serve as the primary liaison between the direct response/development operations unit and the other fundraising programs in the External Affairs department including Major Gifts, Foundations, Planned Giving, and Online Fundraising and have a full understanding of their primary internal customers. This person will also interface with other departments including Finance and Membership Mobilization to assess and meet their data needs. This position serves a pivotal role as the guardian of all donor and prospect data that relates to Amnesty International USA's members, supporters and contacts. This position is responsible for the strategic acquisition, analysis and utilization of data from many sources to support Amnesty's fundraising and programmatic objectives. The manager has the primary responsibility within Amnesty for the integrity of, enhancements and improvements to, and the management of data flowing into and out of the database of record. This position has three primary responsibilities: database management, data integration, and strategic data analysis.
- Serve as the point-person within Amnesty responsible for the management of the ROI Solutions membership database. Work with internal users and the ROI team to ensure that the database is complete and accurate and that data imports, uploads, queries, reports and extracts are performed according to established norms and protocols.
- Supervise the Systems Analyst, who is primarily responsible for providing support to Amnesty by producing timely and accurate lists and reports from the ROI Solutions Oracle-based membership database.
- Work with internal users, the ROI team and other related vendors to ensure ongoing integrity of the donor database is complete and accurate. Perform data imports, uploads, queries, reports and extracts according to established norms and protocols.
- Provide customized training, technical support and customer service to internal users to design source codes, tables, reports, queries, and data pulls.
- Work with users to create and maintain instruction manuals and business rules and post the documents where all users can access them.
- Serve as the gatekeeper regarding any technical issue regarding donor, member and supporter data – especially concerning types of data to be collected or stored, enhancements to ROI, changes in systems that feed into ROI, etc.
- Manage data streams into and out of ROI. Ensure that all data collected for input into ROI (e.g. from Kintera, etc.) are compatible with ROI structure and protocols.
- Work to create efficiencies across departments and users.
- Diagnose problems as they occur and identify and implement solutions. Work with users and database vendor to identify and implement improvements.
Strategic Data Analysis:
- Formulate, design and develop reports, tools and analyses with the goal of developing strategic insights and strategies from Amnesty's vast amount of data to enhance fundraising, political action and donor/member experience with the organization.
- Perform data analysis to test and monitor effectiveness of fundraising strategies and communication methodologies by analyzing behavior of individual members and supporters.
- Work closely with users to identify their business needs in terms of problems and opportunities and develop routines, processes, reports, queries and extracts. In some cases the Manager will develop and run the process/procedure to produce the end result for the user. In other cases the output will be the creation of a tool that the user can modify and run at their discretion.
- Work with end users to develop reporting and monitoring tools that pull data automatically from the ROI data warehouse to provide real-time feedback and critical information for managers and decision-makers.
- Develop and monitor budget for ROI expenses.
4+ years experience administering a membership or customer service database.
- Working knowledge of not-for-profit fundraising and management of membership and fundraising databases is critical.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge and previous experience with a membership database a must.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of relational databases, including Oracle and SQL server, and must be able to import and extract data to/from a variety of environments and create complex reports and queries. Experience with spreadsheets and word processing programs required.
- Demonstrated initiative in problem solving in a customer-orientated environment a must.
- Solid communication, writing, analytical and creative problem-solving skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to handle pressure and multiple projects simultaneously and to manage work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills that will ensure that the manager can work with staff, volunteers and vendors; understand and interpret user needs; and lend expertise, problem-solving, and creative and analytic thinking to formulate and communicate solutions.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must send a resume, cover letter and salary history to [email protected]. Please write "DMA-W" in the subject line of your email. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the position. AIUSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.