Amnesty USA seeks an experienced, energetic and creative Chief Digital Officer with prior experience leading a cutting edge digital operation with a variety of integrated capabilities. The successful candidate will have a strong background in online advocacy or organizing, digital and social media strategy, online content and marketing measurement.
The Chief Digital Officer will be a member of AIUSA's executive team and will be responsible for overseeing AIUSA's website, blog, social media presence, mobile efforts and online advocacy and membership engagement efforts, working closely with the Senior Director of Communications, and the Chiefs of External Relations, Membership Mobilization and Campaigns and Programs. This will include raising AIUSA's profile online and in social media and mobile platforms, utilizing new technologies and platforms to advance AIUSA's grassroots mobilization and advocacy efforts, and outreach to the technology community to leverage pro-bono and volunteer assistance. The Chief Digital Officer must be a passionate, innovative big picture leader who has experience working with highly creative people in a mission-driven environment. We are looking for a hands-on, can-do leader who has a track record for working effectively in cross-functional teams. The Chief Digital Officer will clearly communicate the goals, strategies, and limitations of online communications to inform effective project plans and effectively manage large projects and coordinate participation from staff and vendors as needed. Experience in utilizing web analytics and quantitative information is essential.
- Drive digital strategy with support and participation of staff, Board and volunteer leaders
- Expand AIUSA's visibility and audience through key channels and platforms
- Enable AIUSA to make more effective use of online, mobile and digital platforms for membership mobilization and growth
- Lead utilization of digital analytics, profiling, segmentation, user persona development, and other analytical techniques
- Work with analytics team to monitor and analyze the reporting and provide key insights/learnings, and identify opportunities for optimization
- Interpret primary/secondary research and analytics findings; explain their strategic/tactical marketing implications and how they can be used to inform/optimize digital programs
- Develop strategies that leverage research findings
- Drive innovation in AIUSA's approach to digital. Introduce and implement best-in-class approaches for digital campaigning and advocacy
- Develop digital capabilities that support and strengthen AIUSA departments and stakeholders
- Develop effective working relationships and methods across a wide array of staff and stakeholders
- Interface with Board Members, members, and supporters with interest and background in digital to help leverage and enhance AIUSA's efforts, including through the coordination of pro bono capabilities
- Identify traditional and non-traditional opportunities for supporter acquisition and retention that deepen supporter relationships and drive more rewarding experiences for AIUSA and our supporters
- Manage, mentor, and work collaboratively with department/unit staff in their planning and execution of cross-departmental campaign, program (and fundraising) work; ensure ambitious goals are set and accomplished; directly manage, mentor and oversee long term department staff.
- Articulate clear visions – see the whole picture and how all the pieces fit together to plan and execute projects; prioritize efforts to generate the greatest net value to the organization; integrate online advocacy and fundraising campaigns with broader organizational work
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 7-years broad-ranging digital experience
- Track record for successful digital innovation
- Contacts in the digital arena - vendors, consultants
- Strong leadership abilities
- Online organizing and/or online campaigning experience
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write "CDO-W" in the subject line of your email. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the position. AIUSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.