The Individuals and Communities at Risk Campaigner is responsible for executing campaign strategies and online and off line actions for selected cases and spearheading a data driven approach to case management. The IC@R Campaigner is a key team member of the Individuals and Communities at Risk Program within AIUSA's Campaign Unit. S/he leads the implementation of effective actions leading to tangible gains for individuals at risk of human rights violations.
- Lead the collaboration of key staff and volunteers in the development and implementation of campaign strategies for IC@R cases.
- Assist the IC@R Director in designing and implementing improved case management and data management systems.
- Maintain overview of AIUSA casework. Work with volunteer leaders and staff to develop short term and long term actions on selected cases as appropriate.
- Assist the IC@R Director in implementing workflow improvements, and program evaluation metrics.
- Plan and execute high profile public events and assist with annual Write for Rights.
- Develop case dossiers on selected cases for assignment to AIUSA groups and assist in management of program.
- Work with other programs and departments to implement campaign strategies on relevant country focused campaigns.
- On a rotating schedule with other IC@R Program Staff, distribute urgent case appeals from Amnesty's London headquarters to members of AIUSAs Urgent Action Network.
- Participate in cross functional teams for relevant priority campaign projects.
- Work with campaign teams to produce updated content for their webpages and blogs.
- Attend relevant human rights networking events and represent program.
Four to six years professional experience in online and offline grassroots organizing, social networking, e-communication, event planning and management, campaigning and/or community organizing.
Demonstrated interest and experience in issues related to international and domestic human rights.
Demonstrated experience in, and technical understanding of building and utilizing data driven approaches to grassroots campaigning, and raising awareness.
Skills or Related Knowledge
Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
Database management experience and demonstrated ability in utilizing and managing large quantities of data. Proficiency in MS Access, MS Excel, Lotus, and graphic design desirable.
Program management and evaluation.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Ability to supervise interns and volunteers.
Creativity and imagination a plus.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must send a resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write "CIAR-W" in the subject line of your email. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the position. AIUSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.