AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL USA BRINGING HUMAN RIGHTS HOME CONCERT – BACKSTAGE PASS SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the "Promotion").
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO, AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL USA ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. For avoidance of doubt, Amnesty members and non-Board volunteers who are not in any of the categories listed in the preceding sentence are eligible. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related committees, candidates, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:45 p.m. Pacific Time on January 16, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (unless otherwise noted, all times Pacific Time) on January 26, 2014 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
4. Prizes. Two (2) winners will each receive the following prize package (the "Trip"):
- Round-trip coach-class airplane tickets for winner and a guest from the major airport closest to the winner's address within the fifty United States, Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia to New York City ("Destination"), including ground transportation to and from the airport at the Destination (approximate retail value $1,250.00);
- One night's stay for winner and a guest at a hotel at the Destination on a date to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion in a double-occupancy room or room of equivalent value (approximate retail value $250.00);
- Two tickets and two backstage passes to a concert at the Destination, on a date and at a venue to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion (approximate retail value $750.00);
Approximate retail value of the entire Trip package: $2,250.00.
Approximate retail value of all prizes awarded is $4,500.00
Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city and airport and other Trip logistics and details. Dates of travel are subject to availability. If winner's address is within 100 miles of the Destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the Trip hotel in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Trip above, each winner and such winner's guest are responsible for ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all meals and all other expenses that such winner and such winner's guest incur in connection with the Trip. Sponsor will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, attendees, and all other relevant details of the Trip.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received and the timing of entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from winner or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, or if any prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, or a cash equivalent, for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, visit http://www.amnestyusa.org/Feb5BackstageAlt or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor and complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period.
(b) Amnesty International USA Contribution Method: We are asking for a donation of any amount from individuals to Amnesty International USA. We are not asking for, and will not accept in connection with this solicitation, donations in any amount from minors under the age of 18. To enter by contributing money to Sponsor, complete and submit the contribution form at http://www.amnestyusa.org/Feb5Backstage or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. Entering via the contribution method described in this paragraph (b) will not increase your chances of winning the prize.
8. Promotion Rules.
(a) All entries received during the promotion period from each email address shall constitute one (1) entry per such valid email address;
Both potential winners will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at Amnesty International USA by January 27, 2014. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving any prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that awarding any prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail by January 29, 2014. To claim the prize, each winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his or her notification. Winners must then identify potential guests to Sponsor, and Sponsor may, at its option, conduct the same background check and process applicable to potential winners. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential guest in its sole discretion. In the event that any winner does not respond to Sponsor's attempts to contact him or her, or is otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the prizes, Sponsor may select an additional potential winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
9. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, and that of such winner’s guest, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner and his or her guest may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner and such winner's guest may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after February 5, 2014 and before December 31, 2014 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "Bringing Human Rights Home Backstage Pass Sweepstakes" Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://www.amnestyusa.org/Feb5BackstageRules or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "Bringing Human Rights Home Backstage Pass" Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
13. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright (c) 2014 by Amnesty International USA. All rights reserved.
14. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of New York, U.S.A. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: "Bringing Human Rights Home Backstage Sweepstakes" Questions.
15. Sponsor: Amnesty International USA | 5 Penn Plaza, New York, New York 10001.